Monday, November 29, 2010

Team in Training - Week 2

So today began Week 2 of Team-in-Training activity.  This week's goal is to run 5 times for at least 20 minutes at a crack.  The whole goal of this phase of the training is to start to build up endurance.  There isn't any specific question for speed or distant but just to keep up the running for 20 minutes once you start.  Twenty minutes is the minimum that you need to run, however most days it is recommended that you run at 30 minutes with a long run over the weekend of 40 minutes.

I accomplished my first of the five runs today.  Though because it is cold I ran inside on the treadmill at the gym.  My goal with this phase of the training is to build up my endurance without getting injured.  My biggest injury concern is getting shin splints as we I used to run a lot in the past I was very prone to shin splints.  Hopefully I can avoid that painful condition!

I haven't yet begun my fund raising for my team-in-training effort but I am going to make the first plug here.  I need donations to fund my efforts in the fight against blood cancer.  Please consider making a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society from my Team-in-Training website.  The web address of my Team-in-training website is:  http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/canyonld11/jkromer_LTN.  I would greatly appreciate any and all contributions made by everyone.  Even if it is only $5 I would really appreciate it.  THANKS!!! 

I feel like I need to further clarify last night's post.  Basically, I have said this before I believe.  I feel that all the good things I have done in my life have been overshadowed by actions concerning the breakup with Shelly.  I felt really bad about this last night because I felt I was being judged by a friend who I would not have expected this from.  Anyway - I made a mess of how I said it on the blog last night.  I made it sound like there were two different sides to a story - which there aren't.  There is only the truth and I think I have told as much of the true as I humanly can.  Anyway - the way I wrote about it last night just wasn't the way I wanted to convey it.

I hope everyone had a great Monday so far!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: