Friday, November 19, 2010

Team-in-Training


It’s official – I am now a member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team-in-Training!  I received my official confirmation e-mail earlier today and I have set up all my information on the Team-in-Training website.  Now all I need to do is get out there and train!  The training starts tomorrow morning at 8:30AM at Writer’s Vista Park off of Mineral Avenue in Littleton.  We will be doing a 5K run just so that our coaches/mentors can get an assessment of what we need to work on to get ready for the half marathon in March.

I am really looking forward to getting out there and running.  It has been many years since I had done serious running so I am sure things are going to hurt a little at first, but the soreness and pain will also be good for me.

My official Team-in-Training website is the following address. 

I haven’t yet done anything to customize it but I will get to it in the coming days.

Had Patty lived today would have been our 16th wedding anniversary.  But that wasn’t the way things turned out.  I had a very interesting discussion with my psychologist today about this.  It is very interesting as she is a bone marrow transplant survivor, which is incredibly rare.  So she has some very interesting insights to add to our discussions.

Zack is down to his last 2 days of his first trimester of middle school.  Elementary school is a little bit different as he already would have gotten his report card at this point of the school year in his earlier grades.

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.

Peace! ~ J.

FYSRD

No comments: