Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pacquiao/Margarito and Redemption….

Every once in a while you plunk down on the couch and turn on the TV and come across a show you would never watch, but you get drawn into it.  This evening that happened to me.  I had just gotten Zack to bed and I plunked down and found this show call Pacquiao/Margarito 24 x 7.  It is a reality show on HBO about 2 boxers preparation for a pay-for-view fight that they will participate in on November 13th.

The only reason I am even commenting about it is because they of the manner in which they talk about what these fighters are doing.  Manny Pacaquiao is one of the best and most famous boxers in the world today.  Antonio Margarito is a very talented boxer who has was involved in an incident that tarnished his reputation.  Apparently he fought at one point with weighted gloves.

Manny Pacaquiao is trying to maintain his world title while distracted by the demands of celebrity.  Antonio Margarito is as they said on the show fighting for his “redemption” – but proving that he can win without any kind of tampering.

The show struck a cord with me because of the feelings I have for Shelly and the battle I am fighting for redemption.  (No my feelings for Shelly are not like a boxing match - LOL!)  Whereas Antonio Margarito has an easy path to redemption – all he needs to do is win and prove he can do it without any kind of tampering, my path to redemption isn’t so clear.  

Regardless of the fact that the path isn’t necessarily as clear – in my heart it is totally 100% clear.  I need to prove once and for all that I love Shelly and I can be totally and completely faithful to her until I take my last breath.  I will do this!  I will win this fight and show her that she is the perfect match for me and I will never stray from her again.  I can do this.  I can redeem myself.

Shell – if you read this, give me the chance – at some point take that leap of faith that you asked me to take.  Let me show you what I can do – cause I can do anything for you.  (Just look what I am even doing now - would you have ever thought I would proclaim my feelings for you so loudly in front of the entire world?)

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: