Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sleepless in Denver

For the last 2 weeks I have been Sleepless in Denver.  My sleep patterns have been totally and completely off the charts.  On average I would say I have gotten no more that 3 - 4 hours of sleep per night.  The reason for this is of course because of my mental and emotional distress of all that happened between Shelly and me.

I think tonight I have finally reached my max as I feel like a walking zombie.  I haven't made things easier for myself by going to the gym as much as I have.  I have beaten my body into a pulp as working out tends to make me feel much better.  Anyway - I am tired as can be so as soon as Zack goes to bed I think I will be doing the same thing and going to bed.

Tonight Zack and I went out to the mall to get his glasses adjusted.  He is as hard as he can be on his glasses so almost religiously he needs to go to Lenscrafters every two weeks to get them adjusted.  I probably won't have even noticed had Shelly not pointed the situation and took him to get them adjusted shortly after he got this pair.

After we got his glasses adjusted we grabbed a dinner at the food court and then headed to Best Buy for some browsing.  Every time I walk into Best Buy I am continually amazed by the pace of change in the technological world.  I consider myself something of a technophile and I just can't even keep up any more.  There seem to be newly announced products everyday - Google TV, Apple TV, new cell phones, new wireless protocols, new game consols, etc.  How can this much stuff continually be produced and this many changes take place?  It is amazing and impossible to keep up with.

Right now I am refraining from buying any more technology as I bought our first Mac last year and I both Zack and I got iPhones this year - he got the iPhone 3G and I got the iPhone 4.  So for now we are going to avoid new technology, through Christmas is just around the corner....

Off to spend some time relaxing with Zack on the couch before it is bed time for us both!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: