Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Break - Day 2

Fall break, day 2 has been a busy and full day for us.  Like yesterday, the day started very early for me as I woke around 4:00AM.  Unlike yesterday I made the decision to remain in bed and finally drifted off back to sleep around 6:00AM, which allowed me to get some needed sleep.

Once we were up and about the day moved into overdrive.  I wanted to make sure that Zack got to spend some time hanging out with his friends so around 9:00AM I told him to give one of his friends a call.  He decided to call Ausin (yes – that is how you spell it).  Ausin was available today so Zack asked him if he wanted to go to the Museum of Nature and Science with us.  Ausin readily agreed. 

Zack and I were out the door around 10:00AM as we had an errand to run before we picked up Ausin.  Our errand took us to Costco to buy a large amount of dog food to take to the Max Fund animal shelter in downtown Denver.  After getting the dog food we headed back to Willow Creek and picked up Ausin at his house.  

(Zack with our cart loaded full of dog food at Costco.)

We drove into downtown Denver to deliver our donation of dog food to the Max Fund.  Besides delivering the dog food we also hoped to take a look around the shelter at the dogs that were for adoption.  Zack and I tend to make a habit of this whenever we donate dog food to Max Fund.  It allows us to get spend a whole bunch of time playing with dogs – which of course we love.  Not that we are yet thinking about getting another dog, it just allows us to play with the dogs!

As soon as we arrived at Max Fund I realized I had made a mistake – as Max Fund is closed on Tuesdays.  We did drop off one case of the dog food as there was a person in the reception area who opened the door for us.  I decided to come back later in the week when they will be open normal hours to deliver the rest of our donation.

From the Max Fund we headed to the Museum of Nature and Science.  It had been a while since either Zack or Ausin were at the museum.  The first thing we did when we arrived was get tickets for the 11:30AM showing of Hubble 3D on the museum’s IMAX screen.  The museum recently upgraded their IMAX theater from standard 2D to a 3D venue.  The film was spectacular!  First of all it was the first time Ausin had seen a 3D film and of course it was about space so Zack loved it!

 (Zack and Ausin waiting for the IMAX 3D film to begin.)

I was amazed at the film and all that had been captured over the years during the flights of the space shuttle to Hubble.  I can’t begin to imagine what it must have taken to film the scenes in space.  If you have never been to the Museum’s IMAX, I highly recommend going to see this film as it is incredible.

After the film we grabbed some lunch in the cafeteria and then Zack and Ausin were off to explore the museum.  The spent most of their time in the Mars and the gems exhibits.  We were there for 3 hours before it was time to head home.  After we got home Zack and Ausin hung out for a couple of hours playing some games and running around the house like banshees.  

Zack and I dropped Ausin back at his house around 4:45PM and then headed out to do some more errands.  I had to drop off some dry cleaning at the dry cleaners and pick up stuff I dropped off several weeks ago.  I ended up paying for my dry cleaning and then leaving it hanging in the store.  Yeah – you can tell where my brain is!

We did some grocery shopping and then I made us a new lemon ginger chicken dish for dinner.  It was surprising how good it was.  Zack ate it up and even considered seconds – which is rare for him and a chicken dish.

Not much else to say for the day.  I still consider all the thoughts going through my head and the impact I have caused to Shelly and others.  Each day I go through a period of self-loathing.  I wish I could be a better person.  There is much more I can write about that subject – but for tonight I will let it rest.  

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: