Saturday, October 23, 2010

Operation Clean Zack's Room

Today was another one of those fundamental shifts in our household - it was the day we began cleaning Zack's bedroom in earnest.  Zack's room is frankly - a pigsty.  There are no redeeming words for his room other than to say it is a freaking mess. 

So early this morning - around 8:00AM I started.  The whole operation started with me pulling load after load of stuff out into the hallway so that I could go through.  I got Zack involved in the entire operation though he was absolutely 100% loathe to throw away one thing.  That's where the forceful hand of Dad came into play.  I didn't give him a choice.  I just started putting stuff in piles to either be thrown away or given away.  Needless to say, Zack was not a happy camper at this point.

Regardless, I continued and in the end run we got rid of a ton of stuff.  I am not done yet and tomorrow morning we will see the resumption of the work.  But I think Zack gets the idea that I am not taking any prisoner's on this one.  I am going to win and his room is going to be cleaned out!

The day has been a busy one for us as we have spent most of the day working.  We ran a bunch of errands this morning and then I managed to get to the gym for a workout late this afternoon.  While I was at the gym I ran into Zack's 3rd Grade math teacher.  He has just moved into the Willow Creek neighborhood so potentially we might do some working out at the gym together.

This evening we got out of the house for dinner at Red Robin.  We are probably going to watch a bit of a movie for a little while and then it will be off to bed for the both of us.

Nancy unfortunately is feeling under the weather as she has an infection and is not feeling real well.  Hopefully now that she has antibiotics in her system she will start feeling better and will be able to be up and about tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: