Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jake is Still Alive!

I never write post for the blog during the workday. However, I was so happy with something I found out today I couldn't resist writing about it. Jake the Dog is still alive! Two or so weeks ago I had written about Jake the 16.5 year old yellow lab and how his owners were going to put him down. They decided against it! Jake is still going strong. I actually saw him this morning as I was walking home from dropping Zack off at school. He was out for a walk of all things! He was about 1/4 of a mile from his home with his owner Eleanor. She said that Jake was still showing a lot of strength and determination so the decided to work hard to take care of him and not put him down. I can't tell you how happy that made me feel. I got to pet Jake and cradle his head in my arms. He is such a great dog. Despite his age he can still hear and see. He looked into my eyes and I could tell he was a happy dog! Keep going Jake - you are making us all so very proud of you! Thanks and peace to all!

No comments: