Thursday, December 9, 2010

Zack's Winter Choral Concert

This evening Zack had his first choral concert as a sixth grader at West Middle school.  He did a great job in my opinion.  I recorded a good bit of the show using my camera.  I tried to get this uploaded as soon as we got home but I had a good bit of difficulty.  So when I woke up way early this morning around 3:00AM, I decided to try it again - this time from the Mac as opposed to from the PC.  I had better success with the Mac.

I think Zack did a great job with his singing.  The concert was conducted in the school gym.  They had risers set up facing the bleachers.  I was sitting in the bleachers about 7 or 8 rows up almost right in front of Zack.  From where I was sitting I could actually even hear his voice distinctly mixed in with the other kids.  Regardless of anything I was very proud of him and the job that he did!  Though I will admit at times he was pretty darn fidgety.  Not exactly sure what was going when he was fidgeting so much.

(For those of you who don't know what Zack looks like - he is in tan pants, has a dark long-sleeve striped shirt and glasses.  He is usually the focus of my very poor camera work.)


After the concert we headed to the mall and got a quick dinner of Sbarro's at the food court.  We then got some candy (bad idea) at the Sweet Factory before heading to Borders.  Zack insisted we had to go to Borders as he was officially out of books to read.  Gees - he is a mass consumer of books.  We go to the library, Borders or Barnes and Noble all the time to keep him in books.  So we made a quick stop at Borders to pick up the most recent "Children of the Lamp" book for him.

Argh...  It took a while but I think I finally got this thing uploaded!  I had to put it on YouTube because it kept timing out every time I tried to upload directly to Blogger.  Oh well - I got it out there.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

1 comment:

Angie said...

hmmmmm i wonder where he got the fidgeting from??? lol must be genetic!