Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Different Day Than Expected

So...  Today didn't turn out the way that I thought it was going to turn out when I woke up this morning.  Zack and I were in the mountains at our condo and I fully expected that we would spend the day snowshoeing or just hiking.  Instead we are back home in Denver.

After waking up and accessing the day I realized that I had a case of the blahs, was depressed and really didn't feel like being in the mountains.  The weather was very bad which added to my general feeling of malaise.  So much snow was coming down it made it impossible to really go outside and enjoy snowshoeing or hiking.  So by 8:30AM I had made the call that we were going to head back over the continental divide and return home.  That way I could at least spend the day chilling out on the couch watching any football game I wanted.

The drive to the Eisenhower Tunnel on the Divide was absolutely ridiculous.  They were not the worst conditions I have driven in but they were darn close.  I say other 4x4's sliding around unable to stay in control.  There were at least 7 or 8 cars and tractor trailers disabled in various lanes on the Interstate on the way up to the tunnel.  It was crazy.

Once we got on the eastern side of the tunnel conditions improved pretty quickly and by the time we reached Georgetown about 20 some miles to the east of the tunnel, the road was just wet.

Not much else to say for the day.  Since we arrived home I have spent the entire time on the couch watching TV.  I can't even say that I am really into the TV or the football games but I am in a pretty darn depressed mood.  Some days life looks positive with a lot of hope and then other days it just appears pretty blah and dark.  Today is definitely one of the blah and dark days for me.

Anyway - I hope everyone is having a good weekend and is almost ready for Christmas.  I have a long way to go to get ready and I will admit I have no desire to prepare.  Oh well - I'll get it done.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD!

No comments: