Friday, December 3, 2010

Report Card Day at Last!

It seems like it has been months in the making (well I guess it has) but Zack finally got his first report card of 6th Grade today.  I am very pleased with the grades he got through there is still room for improvement.

In the end run Zack got 4 A's, 2 B's and 1 C.  The C is the very frustrating grade as he got it in Gym - yeah PE.  Had he just shown up and participated the way he should have he would have gotten an A.  Oh well - there is lots to be learned from the first trimester of middle school.  Overall his GPA was a 3.4 which I don't think is too shabby.  It gives him lots of room to grow and improve in the second trimester.

Given the way this trimester started out, he did a great job coming back from some bad grades and doing an excellent job. After the first month of school he had 2 F's 1 D, 2 B's and 2 A's.  I really had to work with him to teach him some of the basics of how to study, so I am very proud of the progress he made.

I will make sure he gets something special this weekend for the effort he put.  It might be a video game or might be as simple as taking him out to see a movie.

Another Friday night and not much going on.  I am sitting here in the kitchen typing, Nancy is in her room and Zack is up playing in the computer room.  Tomorrow will probably be the busiest day of the weekend as I have my 8:30AM Team-in-training session at the Nazarene Church off of Hampden.  Cole is coming over for a good bit of the afternoon and evening.  Zack, Cole and I might go downtown to see the 9News Parade of lights - that should be fun.

We hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: