Thursday, December 16, 2010

Watching TV on a Thursday Night

Tonight I sat on the couch and I watched several episodes of the Starz TV series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand".  This has to be one of the most violent TV series I have watched since the HBO series: Rome.  There seems to be a continuing fascination in our society with the life of Roman society.  I wonder if that is because we are in a similar situation - a dying empire.  (OK - I won't go into the political commentary tonight.)

Spartacus, despite the amount of blood and gore, is actually a pretty good show.  It has a good plot and the acting is pretty good.  It stars some of my favorite actors and actresses: Lucy Lawless and John Hannah.  I had never seen Andy Whitfield before but he plays a pretty darn good Spartacus.  It doesn't have Kevin McKidd in it who is my current favorite British actor (he star in HBO's Rome), but in general the cast is pretty good.

On top of the job that Andy Whitfield does playing Spartacus, you have to feel somewhat sorry for him due to his health issues.  In the spring of 2010 he was diagnosed with non-Hodgin's Lymphoma and underwent a series of chemo treatments and was set to be back on set for season two of the show, however his cancer returned in September of this year and he is currently undergoing another round of treatment.  His illness has caused season two of Spartacus to be re-written into a prequel which does not feature the character of Spartacus.

I suppose that is enough of my viewpoints on television for the night.

I suppose there is a lot more I could write for this evening about myself but to be honest, I am just not in the mood.  I had an appointment today with my therapist to talk through things.  It was a good appointment and there was a lot that I learned but I just don't feel like putting it out there tonight.  Just know that I am working the hardest I can to move beyond the current point in my life and to improve myself!

The weekend is almost upon us!  Yippee!  I think that Zack and I will be heading to the mountains for at least part of the weekend.  If we do so, I plan that we will go skiing at least one day and then we will do a big snowshoe hike the other day.  We have been out snowshoeing in two winters and I am very much looking forward to getting out there and making some tracks in the deep snow.  I think for our snowshoeing we will head up Ute Pass which is one of my most favorite places in this world to go snowshoeing as it is utterly beautiful.

(On a totally messed up note...  I just reviewed the log that shows me where people are located who read my blog and I just had some one read it from Guyana!  What the hell!  Who is gods name would be interested in reading my blog from Guyana.  That is by far the most outlandish place from which anyone has ever read my blog.)

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD!!!!

No comments: