Thursday, December 23, 2010

The busy days before Christmas.... And Figuring out Cuts of Meat!

*********************************************************************************
Please consider supporting my effort to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through participation in their Team-in-Training program.  I am training to run in the Canyonlands Half Marathon on March 19, 2011.  You can support my effort by pledging contributions to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on my Team-in-Training web page at: 
http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/canyonld11/jkromer_LTN

All contributions are tax deductible.  THANK YOU!!!!!!
*********************************************************************************
 
It's been 2 days since I have updated my blog!  What is going on?  That is not at all like me.  Why reason for not updating is that I have just been so busy trying to get ready for Christmas.  I really didn't start any Christmas preparations til the beginning of this week.  Bad idea Jerry!!!  So now I am playing a bit of catch up.  I have made some good progress this week but I still have a good bit to do.  I need to buy gifts for my brother and sister-in-law who live near us, a couple more things for Zack, a gift for one my nephew and then a gift for a friends of the family - Bill and Doerga.  So I definitely have my hands full.
 
Regardless today and tomorrow will be fun days as I get prepared for the big day.  Tonight I have a very special dinner to go to which will be the best part of the day.  Having a great dinner with people close to you is always the best part of the holiday.  Forget about the gifts, forget about all the running around it is the time spent with the people who are important in your life that is the big thing.
I will be cooking Christmas Dinner at my house this year.  Most years I have hosted Christmas eve.  But this year my brother and sister-in-law wanted to do Christmas Eve so I am doing Christmas Day.  I have learned a huge lesson about "cuts of meat" from hosting Christmas Dinner this year.  I am cooking prime rib and I just did not have any idea that there were so many different cuts of meat that could be considered 'prime rib'.  Heck - I needed an education from my brother on what specific cut to buy.  I never would have imagined that there were like 6 or 7 different cuts of meat that constitute the classification of "prime rib".  Gees - I felt like such a goober having to ask the question.  But now I have been 'meat educated'!!
I hope everyone's Christmas preparation is going well!  Have a fun and happy day!
 
Thanks and peace to all! ~J.
 
FYSRD!!!

1 comment:

Mjs said...

Well Jerry, you are one up on me in regard to beef roasts. Been cooking for many years, and I'm not that knowledgeable about different cuts. We are having Black Angus Round Sirloin Tip which my family loves. Also will be having a small ham for our Dar; that's her favorite meat. Have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. Remember the reason why we celebrate the season - not the many gifts and parties - but the birthday of Our Jesus Christ; otherwise there is no reason to celebrate.....
Blessings to the entire Kromer/Irwin family.