Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday - Gray Weather - Boring Day!

You always look with such anticipation to the weekend.  This spring and summer here in Colorado the weekends have been not necessarily the best from a weather perspective.  Today really wasn’t that bad as it didn’t rain but there was basically no sun.  It was cloudy and gray all day.  Needless to say I didn’t have a lot of ambition to get up and do a lot.

Zack continues to do very well with sleeping by himself, though this morning he decided he wanted to come in and “snuggie” with me for a bit.  So he came in around 7:30AM or so and we talked and both fell back a sleep for awhile.  We had a very lazy morning and really didn’t even bother getting out of bed until 9:00AM or so.

Once we got up and I assessed the weather I decided that we would hold off doing a big hike until tomorrow on Father’s Day.  So the question became “what to do”.  After a bit I decided I had to be very busy to keep me from going insane.  So - I decided it was time to begin cleaning the garage.  Now this is not a minor undertaking mind you.  This is MAJOR project.  But it has to start somewhere.  So today was the day.  The work began and continued...  and continued...  and continued.

While I worked on the garage Zack went out and rode his new bike.  Earlier this week he got a new bike.  It wasn’t a “new” bike per se, it was a bike that his cousin Cole had outgrown.  He rode all round the entire street back and forth, back and forth.  Unfortunately all the other kids on the street are not around right now.  Most of them are away on vacation in some place or another.  

After spending the entire day work on the garage and around the house it was time to do something fun.  For dinner we (both Zack and I) met up with a friend of mine at Rock Bottom Brewery.  I had a couple of beers and my friend and I shared a thing of nachos.  Zack had his normal buttered noodles.  All-in-all it was an OK evening.

Z and I are now hanging out in the kitchen/family room.  I am here working on the Mac.  Besides writing today’s blog entry I am also working on a video of our time at Magness last week.  I am using all the picture I took and then putting them to a soundtrack.  

We don’t have any major plans for tomorrow other than to take our hike.  I have planned a hike in the hills above Boulder for us.  The hike is called the Bear Peak loop and it is about 6.2 miles long.  Given the speed at which Zack and I travel it should take us about 2 - 3 hours.  Provided the weather is nice it will be a great hike for us.  

We hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks and peace to all! - J.  

No comments: