Monday, June 1, 2009

Grilling, Grilling and More Grilling

We finally managed to get the new grill in place on the deck on Sunday.  I had picked it up from Lowe's on Friday but had left it in the back of the car until Sunday afternoon.  Getting in place actually wasn't that hard.  I lowered it out of the back of the Explorer by myself without any difficulty.  From there I just wheeled it out onto the back deck through the house.  I had to lift it up several different stairs but these were minor.
One of the critical things about the placement of any grill on my deck is to be cautious as to where it is placed to avoid any possibility of fire.  My entire back deck is made of red wood and if the wood gets too hot from the grill it could cause a fire.  So I had to be very careful with the placement of the grill to avoid starting an issue with the deck.
The grill was "broken in" on Sunday night when I grill pork chops and baked potatoes on it.  Everything turned out great!  The pork chops tasted wonderful and the baked potatoes came out just right.
This evening I hadn't really made any plans for what I was going to cook for dinner.  I had purchased some chicken on Sunday at Walmart.  So I decided to BBQ the chicken and make another potato dish.  I tried a dish in which I cut up the potatoes, put them in a bunch of foil, marinate them in hot wings sauce and then place them on the grill to cook.  All I can say is oh my god!  The potatoes were excellent.  I am a huge fan of hot stuff so having a dish like this was just perfect.
The rest of our day was pretty darn mundane.  Zack is in the process of winding up 4th grade and there really isn't that much going on at school for the most part.  Regardless he is really looking forward to the summer time and all the fun that comes inherently with not being in school.
Given that I am sitting here battling with my own body to stay awake I think I am going to call it a night!
Thanks and peace to all.  - J.  

No comments: