Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Cuteness of Zack

We didn't have any adventures today unfortunately.  It was a day filled with work and not much else.  When you are just living day-to-day life there doesn't seem like there is that much to blog about.  But yet there is....
As I was coming up to bed I decided to check in on Zack and see how he was doing.  He announced to me on Friday night before going to bed that he was going to sleep in his sleeping bag on the floor so that he could be really close to the dogs.  Umm...  was all I could say.  You might think it is weird, but I really don't have a problem with him sleeping on the floor - as long as it is in his own bedroom.  
There are a couple of reasons for me minding if he sleeps on the floor.  First - at various points throughout college and then for the first 1.5 years of my working life, I slept on the floor.  No mattress, no nothing other than the carpet below me and a blanket over top of me.  Second - the majority of the people living in this world sleep on the floor.  Third - he is sleeping on his own and by being on the floor he can snuggle up to his dogs - I don't have a problem with that.  So, all-in-all I don't mind that Zack is sleeping on his floor.
When I went in to check on him it was really one of the cutest sights I have seen in a long time.  Zack is there all snuggled up in his sleeping bag - sound asleep.  He has his head on his pillow which is resting up against Bailey's behind.  Lex is sleeping on Zack's bed almost right above him.  Lex is looking down at Zack and making sure he is doing OK.
It just looked so cute seeing Zack and his 2 dogs all sleeping together like that.  I am sure his desire to sleep on the floor will pass within a week or two.  But for now it works for him and so it works for me.
I hope everyone's weekend is going great!  Thanks and peace to all! - J.

No comments: