Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snowy Saturday

Another weekend is quickly spinning to it's conclusion. How is it that time goes so fast on the weekends? The work week doesn't seem to go this quickly! The snow finally ended around 4:00PM this afternoon. Zack and I took advantage of the break in the weather to get out of the house and see a movie. We went to the Highlands Ranch AMC 24 and saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. The movie was pretty good and the 3D effects were excellent. It is amazing how many 3D movies they are starting to make. We saw previews for at least 3 or 4 more 3D movies that will hit the movie theaters this summer. After seeing the movie we headed to Park Meadows Mall as I had a bunch of shopping that I needed to do. We got dinner at the food court from Panda Express. After that we took care of all the shopping I needed to do. I had a couple of shirts to return to Express and then I needed to buy some other things at Dillards. Our mission was accomplished and then we headed home for an evening of relaxing. All-in-all it was pretty much a very low key day. The only major points of note was that I have totally finished much of my kitchen cleaning project. I still have a couple of items that I am working on, but I feel pretty good with all that I have accomplished. I especially feel good about the work I have done on the pantry! My pantry was a general mess for a very long time. It is now totally and completely cleaned out and organized. With my little man in the house I do have to keep a fair amount of food around as he has a tendency to eat through it pretty quickly. So I am sure to many people it still looks disorganized, but it is so much cleaner than it has been for a very long time.
I even managed to get the refrigerator cleaned out and sparkling cleaning. That was an even bigger pain in the rump. But it is done now and I intend to clean it every other week to make sure that it stays clean.
On another note, I know I have written much about our hiking adventures in recent days and weeks. We really haven't been out and about very much recently. The weather has been crappy most weekends and we have been very busy. However, I am planning that this coming week I will start re-capping some of our previous hikes and I will start write a bit more about some of our plans for adventure this summer.
We hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Thanks and peace to all!

No comments: