Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

Tonight's post will be short as there is much I have to do yet this evening and I am very tired.
Our day has been really good! It started around 7:00AM when we got out of bed. As soon as we got out of bed I immediately started work on the cleaning project. I made some pretty significant progress on the pantry in the kitchen and I am almost done with it.
Around 9:30AM I headed out to run errands that I needed to accomplish for Easter. I headed to the bank and got a bunch of $2 bills so that I can put them in eggs for Zack as part of our Easter Egg hunt for Sunday morning. After that I had a bunch of other stops - Target, Safeway, Barnes & Noble, and Home Depot.
This afternoon I continued my work in the kitchen. Around 3:00PM Zack and I headed out to buy a piece of furniture that I have been contemplating for a long time. We purchased a large leather coffee table for our family room. In some ways it is potentially a disposal piece of furniture as I don't know how it will fit into the overall re-designed family room that we will build out in 2010, but it is really something that we need now.
After that we dyed a bunch of eggs that I had boiled earlier this afternoon. Zack came up with some great color schemes and they look really good.
(Zack's bunch of dyed eggs.)
This evening we headed out to the ESPN Zone in downtown Denver. We haven't been there in about 2 or 3 months and I just wanted to get out and have some fun. Surprisingly the place wasn't very busy at all! I was amazed at how empty it was given that the Colorado Rockies were playing at Coors Field and the Colorado Mammoth were playing at the Pepsi center. We had a good dinner and we also had a lot of fun playing games. For me I found out that their Lemon Drop Martini is an absolutely wonderful tasting drink. However I was responsible and limited my alcohol consumption. (We took the light rail so I didn't have to worry about driving.)
(Zack playing his heart out at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Denver.)
The ride home on the light rail was really good as Zack and I sat there listening to music from my iPhone. We both had one of the ear pieces in one of our ears. Zack was all cuddled up to me on the seat. It was great. It was one of those parent/child things that just doesn't get any better.
Once we arrived home I quickly got to work on the my Egg Strada Souffle that I am taking to tomorrow's brunch. Let me tell you, it has got to be one of the richest dishes that I have ever made!
That is our story for the day. I am trying to get everything finished up in terms of hiding the eggs and treats for Zack. I have to get him to bed as it is pretty late.
I will definitely write a lot more tomorrow! But for now - we hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Thanks and peace to all!

No comments: