Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's late - so what will I write?

My blog postings usually aren’t spur of the moment kind of things. Normally I spend a fair amount of time thinking about what I am going to put in them and then I write them throughout the day. Today I wrote an entry and I just don’t feel like putting it out there tonight. Given the day I had it is just not too important in the grand scheme of things. So… it is 11:50PM and I want to post something but I haven’t written anything worth posting. If I were a columnist for a newspaper, or a news blog - I am sure I would be able to come up with a pithy, witty entry in no time at all. Instead of being a columnist I am a pseudo-business dude, who masquerades as a pseudo-parent, who masquerades as a pseudo-blogger, who masquerades as a pseudo outdoors adventure dude, etc. (God – I used dude twice in the same sentence. What does that say about me?!) So bottom line – I have no talent for writing. So I guess this blog entry is going to be like a Seinfeld show – “a blog entry about nothing”.

(The author hard at work writing about nothing.)

But then again I am sure most of my blog entries could be said to be about nothing. Yeah – look at what I wrote about the “Family Guy” TV show. Talk about a worthless entry. That entry basically boiled down to one sentence that a 13 year old boy with a Beavis or Butthead voice could have said. “Hey - they said fart in that show”. Yeah – pretty darn worthless. Now that I have established that my blog is pretty much the equivalent of a large pile of do-do, I feel that I have accomplished something for the evening! As for the day – let’s put it this way, I am seriously re-thinking ever having kids in my house again – including Zack! Just teasing, but there was way too much kid action at the house today. I am complaining in jest as I do love when our house can be the hive of activity of having a bunch of kids here. That really doesn’t suck. While Zack played, I did a ton of work. I really am feeling like I am making a tremendous amount of progress in my efforts to “deep clean and organize” this house. It is going to feel so good when it is all done. Though the weather was gray here in Colorado, it was a good day and I accomplished a lot. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Thanks and peace to all! - J.

No comments: