Thursday, February 16, 2012

I believe in the goodness of people and of life.

It has been a long day that started over 1000 miles away from where the day is ending for me.  So I am tired.  I am tired physically but I also feel an extreme mental and emotional weariness.

I had more conversations today than I have had in a long time.  Yes, some of that was driven by the fact that I met an entirely new delivery team at my company's delivery center in Daleville, IN.  Additionally, I spent over 4 hours in the Indianapolis airport waiting on my delayed fight.

When you wait for a delayed flight you tend to have lots of conversations - either with the other people who are also stranded or you spend time whiling away the hours talking to your friends on your cell phone - which I did a lot of that.

What did I learn from all this talking today?  I had a reaffirmation of some of my deepest held beliefs.  Those beliefs are that people are good and life is good.  I am not going to explain why I was feeling this, all I want to do is reiterate the point.  Life is good!  People are good!  That's it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.

Thanks and peace to all ~ J.

No comments: