Friday, February 10, 2012

A Hidden Post

I often find that I have a lot of things to say on the blog, but I don't always like to share them at the exact moment they come into my head.  What I have decided to do is to write these blog entries and then not publish them for a while.  I am in the mood not to share everything with everyone at this second, so I will write but it is going to be a while before I publish them.

I haven't published a blog entry since last Thursday and I am going to keep this streak running for a while.  It sounds totally and completely juvenile, but some times I do value having a little bit of privacy.

It's been another weekend of not exactly that much going on.  Our big event for the weekend took place on Friday evening when we went to see the Cirque du Soleil show "Dralion" at the 1stBank Event Center in Broomfield.  I am trying to count it up in my head, but I believe this is the sixth Cirque du Soleil show I have seen over the years.  I saw my first Cirque show in 2000 when I was in Las Vegas for a business trip - that show was Mystere.  In 2004 I saw La Nouba when we took a family vacation to Disney World.  Then during the summer of 2010 I took a week long road trip with my friend Ruben that included a several day long stop in Las Vegas.  Ruben's goal as part of our trip was to see every Cirque du Soleil show that was playing in Las Vegas.  All told I believe Ruben saw 6 or the 7 Cirque shows while we were in Vegas.  I choose to only see 4 of the 7 as I wanted to have some shows to see the next time I went to Las Vegas. 

Dralion is a fantastic show and holds very strongly to the Cirque tradition.  The abilities of the performers to do amazing feats with their bodies is remarkable.  The depth of the talent of these individuals is incomprehensible.  Each performer has several different things at which they are very good.  Their skills are not just relegated to one specific area, they perform in multiple areas of the show and highlight their balance, concentration, strength and dexterity.  How I would love to have the physical skills of one of those performers.

Zack wasn't exactly happy about going to see the show.  We left for the show right after his psychologist appointment as I expected a lot of heavy traffic.  It was good we left when we did as it took as over an hour and 15 minutes to arrive.  We still had 45 minutes to wait until the show started once we arrived so that frustrated the hell out of Zack.  Once the show started however, he was very eager to watch and sat there just captivated by all that happened in the show.  I was so glad that in the end run he did enjoy the show.

The rest of our weekend was exceedingly lackluster.  Given the amount of pain in my back there wasn't much that I wanted to do.  I am growing continually tired of my back hurting and taking so much away from my life.  I cannot begin to tell you how boring it is.  I can no longer do the things I love like hiking, skiing, working out at the gym and running.  Besides the fact that I love doing these things they are also great stress relievers for me.  Not being able to do these things has increases my stress levels and my blood pressure to a significant degree.  I am hoping I will get some good answers to my issues when I see the neurosurgeon on Tuesday.

I guess there isn't too much more to say for this post.  I am not posting this right now just because I want to remain behind the scenes.  I am trying to figure somethings out in my heart about all that is taking place.  By laying low and not publishing everything right now I am do a better job of figuring some of these things out.  I hope you all understand - if you send me an e-mail and I will spell it out completely.  I just don't feel like doing that for the entire world to see.

Thanks and peace to all! ~ J.

No comments: