Monday, February 22, 2010

Themes and Things....

In the last couple of weeks I have been playing around in the "blogosphere" and finding many different games and themes that people are playing at as they write their blogs. Recently I stumbled upon two different blogging games that all have to do with various themes. Two Saturday's ago I participated in the "Sepia Saturday" theme. The whole point of that theme is to write a blog entry on Saturday that has something to do with a historical theme that is important to you. The basis of that theme should be a photograph - particularly an old sepia photo. The other theme I have decided to participate in is "Themed Thursday". Every week a writer comes up with a theme that all participants should write about and then post to their blogs on Thursday. This week's theme is "bottle". Provided I have a few minutes that I am not working this week, I intend to participate in both themes. I have a really good idea what I am going to write about a "bottle". I think it will be a fun and happy blog entry for Thursday! Today - Tuesday was my second parent teacher conference of the school year for Zack. It was DEFINITELY a much better conference than the first one! Zack is really starting to show some signs of improving in all behaviors around school. The key thing is going to be keeping him improving and not back sliding like he did last summer. But in general he got much better grades this trimester and had a much better report from his teachers. I am very proud of my boy and progress he is making! We hope that everyone's week is off to a great start! Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

2 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I certainly hope you do participate in both Theme Thursday and Sepia Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed your last Sepia Saturday post.

Jerry Kromer said...

Alan - Thanks so much for your kind comments. Having been blogging for a long time now, I find it refreshing to be able to connect my blogging into a much wider audience that is available through these "themes". Thanks so much for your encouragement!!!