Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday's Adventure - Travel to NYC

No matter how hard you prepare for a trip there is always something that you forget. For me it was my memory card reader. So for now I cannot upload pictures to the blog - bugger! Today was our travel day to NYC. Our flight was at 11:40AM so we left the house around 8:30AM because I wanted to get to the airport, get checked in and address some issues for work. Everything went amazingly smoothly. Zack was so very cute when we arrived at the airport. He hasn't flown for over 2.5 years and he was very excited to fly. We got to the airport and he said "Umm... I love that smell of the airport". He cracked me up! Our flight was perfect. We flew an Airbus A320 and we had our 1/2 of the row to ourselves. Zack took the window seat and I would have loved to have sat in the aisle seat, but Zack insisted that I sit right next to him. The flight was smooth and we arrived at JFK about 20 minutes early. After landing we got our luggage and caught a taxi to the hotel. The taxi had a built in TV screen in the back that shows a map where you are. Zack spent the entire ride looking at the map and monitoring our position. We got to our hotel - which is right off of Times Square - around 6:40. We checked in and got our luggage to the room and then we were off! We spent the evening exploring all the major shops around Times Square. Zack was amazed by all the billboards and the lights. He couldn't get enough of all the stores. He wanted to buy something in each one. We had dinner in a restaurant called The Playwright. The food was good but expensive - it's New York City of course! As always we enjoyed eating together. Zack had to explain to me the ins and outs of every aspect of his new video game. All-in-all our trip is off to a great start. I'll post some more over the next couple of days. Thanks and peace to all!

No comments: