Monday, March 19, 2012

Sometimes Life Seems Like A Herculean Task - But then again there is clean bedding!

In the Greek mythology there are a set of stories that involve the "Labors of Hercules".  The "Labors of Hercules" are piece of the bigger drama of the Greek Gods involvement with humans.  The main story plot to the "Labors of Hercules" is that Hercules in a fit of rage killed all of his children.  To atone for his deed, the Oracle of Delphi advised him to serve King Eurystheus for twelve years.  In doing so he was put to twelve different tasks by the king.  Of course all these tasks were virtually impossible and only Hercules could accomplish them.  Because they were so difficult these tasks were called Herculean tasks.  So what is my point in the Greek Myth legend today.  My point is simple - I feel like my f'ing life is a Herculean task!

(One of Hercules Tasks - Killing the Multi-Headed Hydra)

That is the problem with how things are right now.  My day-to-day life seems to swing back and forth between normalcy and Herculean tasks.  Whereas yesterday seemed bright and sunny today has been stormy and difficult.  Why the difference?  I really don't know.  There is a lot that I could go into but, to be honest my mind does not have the ability these evening to write a blog entry like I wrote last night.  So I will keep it low key for the night.

So I will sigh my argh for the night and get to the more important part of today's blog.  Clean laundry.  Yes - clean laundry.  The great thing about working from home is that you can get small little tasks like washing your laundry done during the day.  What was special about today's laundry day was that I did every ounce of my bedding.  Now I don't just mean my sheets as I usually put clean sheets on my bed at least once a week.  No - I did everything today.  The comforter, the mattress pad and the fabric thingy that goes around the bottom of the bed - I guess it is called the bed skirt.

As I type tonight I am stilling on my freshly cleaned comforter which smells of wonderful scents from the washing detergent and fabric softener.  Because my dogs sleep on this comforter every night it gets a special treatment before it goes in the wash.  I take a fabric roll thing that catches dog hair and lint and I got over the whole comforter as it tends to collect Finnegan hair like there is no tomorrow.  So even before it goes in the wash most of the dog hair has been removed.  Then I usually wash it twice and dry it twice just to get all the dog hair off it entirely.

It feels wonderful to lie here on top of these clean sheets and clean comforter.  It feels good to have my pups here beside me, but I must admit I would much, much rather have a certain female in bed her with me as opposed to the dogs.  Oh well.... At least I had a wonderful good night conversation with a certain said female.

On top of doing all my bedding I also went to my kitchen designer shop and signed the contract today.  Gulp - because in addition to the contract I also provided them with a check for $25,000.  Next to buying houses and cars that is probably one of the largest checks I have every written in my life.  It is well worth it though as my kitchen is going to be gorgeous.  This house is either going to be so livable if we decide to stay or so salable if we decide to sell and move somewhere else.  Demolition of the existing space will probably start in about 4 weeks.  Needless to say I am quite excited by the prospect.

I don't think there is much else to say for the evening.  Just a note from yesterday, I filled up the gas tank on the Explorer and it cost me almost $70.00.  Gas prices here in Colorado are finally starting to catch up to the National Average I guess.

That's about if for the evening.

Thanks and peace to all! ~ J.

No comments: