Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes!

Oh my - I am now officially 46 years old!  Gees where has the time gone?  You never think that time is going to fly by that quickly and you are going to end up being 46!  But I guess the alternative is much worse.  :-)

I wanted to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes that were sent my way today via phone calls, e-mails and Facebook posts!  All I can say is everyone made me feel really good today!

Today has been a relatively uneventful day for us.  We spent most of the day here at home with me doing work around here.  I guess you can tell you are getting old when you spend most of your birthday choosing to do work.  This evening Zack and I went out to dinner at PF Changs at Park Meadows Mall.  We went at 6:30PM and we didn't even have to wait for a table because everyone was watching the Broncos game.  We managed to get a seat where we could see a TV and watch the game.  At least I watched the game as Zack sat there playing a video game for most of the meal.  Thankfully he wasn't fear mongering too badly, but lets put it this way the conversation with him wasn't exactly sparkling!

Yesterday we did the RV show at the Denver Conventions Center.  As soon as Zack got home from school we took off for downtown.  We drove Skylar Turner, one of the kids on the street with us as he was meeting his mom after she got off from work.  The RV show was pretty good this year as I got lots of ideas of campers in which we might be interested.  After the RV show we went across the street to the Hyatt and ate dinner at the Peaks Lounge which is a bar on the 27th floor of the hotel.  After that we headed home and made a night of it.  I kept it very low key because I wanted to get Zack to bed somewhat early as he started his new medication last night.  Starting on Friday night he is taking 1/2 of a 5MG Abilify tablet.  He will take 1/2 of a tablet until Wednesday of this week when he will start taking a full tablet.  I am just hoping and praying the Abilify makes the difference for him.  I hate to see him go through the hell of these anxiety meltdowns.  What I hate the most is how he looks.  You can tell from his eyes and the look on his face how tortured he is by all of this.  When these anxiety meltdowns take place his eyes become dull and flat and loss their wonderful sparkle.

(Zack in awe of row after row of campers at the RV show.)

(Yeah that really is the inside of a camper.  Please tell me what about any of this is camping?)
 (Zack behind the wheel of $100,000 and something like 30 feet of RV.  There is no way I could imagine driving that thing!)

(This one wasn't anywhere near as long as the one above but it's just as pricey because it was a Mercedes Benz!)

So overall the weekend has been very low key for a birthday weekend.  It is quite a difference from last year which ranks up there among the best birthday's I have ever had.  That weekend I was taken away by Shelly to Evergreen to stay at the Highlands Haven Bed and Breakfast.  We had dinner at the Willow Creek Restaurant overlooking Evergreen Lake and we explored the Little Bear Bar.  It was a great birthday weekend in 2011.  I guess you can't have such good birthdays every year.

The more social component of my birthday will come tomorrow when Tim and Celinde are taking me out to dinner.  Bill and Doerga are even coming down from Longmont.  I am not sure if Nancy is going to be up to going as when I talked to her today she was not feeling the best.  My birthday wish for Nancy is that she could get over what all is going on with her and start feeling better.

I think that is it for the day.  I have kind of given myself a break from writing today.  Don't get me wrong, I love to write, that is why I do this, but right now I am more interested in sitting on the couch and watching a show on DVR or putting a DVD of "The Sons of Anarchy" into the DVD player and watching.  I just feel like relaxing tonight, but I wanted to write at least a rudimentary blog entry to post something.

And to all the Broncos fans out there - I am sorry they lost but the Patriots were just too overpowering.  I don't think it really matters I as believe the Super Bowl is going to be the Ravens versus the Packers.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!  I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: