Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Words to Accompany Wordless Wednesday

Technically I shouldn't be adding any words at all to describe Wordless Wednesday - but I can't resist.  I won't make this a habit in the future.

The picture is from 2 years ago when Shelly and I went to NYC at Christmas time.  I choose to put this picture out there for Wordless Wednesday because I really owe Shelly a major debt of gratitude.  As you all know from my writings I had surgery a little over 2 weeks ago to repair the stress fracture in my left fibula.  All-in-all the surgery - though long and more complicated than originally thought, went really well.  The recovery on the other hand hasn't been the easiest.  The recovery hasn't been the easiest because I totally and completely underestimated the impact of the surgery on me.  And add to that the fact that I am a very active person and I just can't handle being immobilized.

Without Shelly and all the help she has provided in the last 2 weeks I just won't have been able to do it. She worked tirelessly to do everything she could to make me comfortable and take care of all the things around the house that needed to be taken care of.  She did a marvelous job helping Zack with all he needed to be ready for school and to make sure he got his home work done, etc.  She also made sure Zack had a wonderful time for Halloween by taking him with her on her yearly trip to Phoenix.  He loved the trip and there is no way Zack would have had any kind of fun over fall break without Shelly - she did it all!

Shelly has been a like a goddess to me throughout this entire time and has done so much to help me.  She even took Nancy out shopping one day to help her buy stuff for her assisted living apartment. 

Given the history that Shelly and I have had for the last 2 years I haven't done a lot of writing about her in this blog.  We have been on-again, off-again for a long time now and so I have really kept most of our stuff to ourselves.  But I simply couldn't let this situation go without saying a very big THANK YOU to Shelly for all that she has done.  Zack, Nancy and me are so grateful for her.

Shell - THANK YOU and no matter what I love you!!  Thank you!!!

I just had to say it all because Shelly has been a blessing to us and she was worked herself to the bone to help me during this incredible tough time.  And she has put up with a lot of whining from me as I just do not do well being a patient and being laid up.  Shelly you a true gem and I owe you so much!!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

3 comments:

Rilly said...

great words for Wordless Wednesday....but where's the photo???

Jerry Kromer said...

Rilly - it is in the post before this one. The post that says "Wordless Wednesday". :-)

Rilly said...

when I bring up you blog there is not photo in Wordless Wed. And my comment was made to W.W. Maybe it's the ghosties and goblins left over from Halloween. ;D