Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Video Post

I would have liked to have had the time to write a real post today, but alas that is not how things worked out.  Today has proven to be a very busy and somewhat challenging day and I just don't have the time or dedication to write a real blog post tonight.  So instead I thought I would post some of the video I took on my bike cam when Zack and I rode down Vail pass last week.  Kind of interesting if you ask me - but then again I am kind of biased!


There isn't anything too dramatic in this video but it gives you a flavor for riding down Vail pass.  Unfortunately for me the bike cam battery was not fully charged and it died at the end of this video.  Had it continued on, the video would have been more amazing as the scenery got significantly more dramatic - raging stream, waterfalls, beavers dams and ponds, etc.

For those interested in the technical specifications I shot this video with a GoPro Hero Helmet/Bike cam with the GoPro bike mount attached to my handle bars.  The amazing this about this camera is that it there is literally a mount by which you can attach the camera to anything.  If you are into capturing video of your sport exploits of any kind I do highly recommend this camera.  The only downside to this camera is that it is so popular right now you have a hard time getting one or acquiring the mounts because they are so frequently sold out.

One other thing about the camera - it shoots all it's video in MP4 High Def format which produces file sizes that are HUGE.  It is pretty near impossible to upload any of those files to the web without first converting them to a non-HD format.  For example the file displayed here was originally 600 some Meg before I converted it to a WMV format after which the size was only 66 Meg.  Of course the downside is that you lose a lot of the clarity of the graphics.  Oh well!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD!!

No comments: