Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Biggest Purge Ever

Wow - it is hard to believe that another week has almost flown by!  Though I am greatly looking forward to the weekend, I still have a lot of work that I need to get done by the end of business hours this Friday.  It is going to make for a very busy Friday at work.

In the evenings when I haven't been working for my job, I have been working on a very large personal project - downsizing my footprint in life.  I have been going through all of my possessions and getting rid of stuff like there is no tomorrow.  I have attacked a few remaining boxes and drawers of Patty's stuff and I have put 95% of that stuff out to Goodwill also.  I kept a few things that are significant for Zack, but the vast majority has gone to charity.

In the past it was hard to let go of stuff, but for whatever reason it is very easy now.  I take one look at something, determine if I have used it in the last year and if not - it is gone to the great thrift store in the sky.  Well to be honest it is not in the sky, it is on County Line and Holly.  The back of the Explorer is once again filled with bags, boxes and other things that are on a one way trip to the thrift store.  Tomorrow during lunch I will take a break from work and get them out of here!

Not much else to say for a Thursday evening.  We have not been up to much since the weekend.  On Tuesday evening we went out and celebrated Zack's last day of school by having dinner at Dave and Busters and playing lots and lots of games.  Zack loved and I didn't mind too much as we took the light rail so I had 3 beers.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend ahead!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD!!!

No comments: