Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Portuguese Sonnets Thereof - Verse Xii

Some poetry from Elizabeth Barret Browning.....   Sonnets from the Portuguese Verse Xii

"Indeed this very love which is my boast,

And which, when rising up from breast to brow,
Doth crown me with a ruby large enow
To draw men's eyes and prove the inner cost,---
This love even, all my worth, to the uttermost,
I should not love withal, unless that thou
Hadst set me an example, shown me how,
When first thine earnest eyes with mine were crossed,
And love called love. And thus, I cannot speak
Of love even, as a good thing of my own:
Thy soul hath snatched up mine all faint and weak,
And placed it by thee on a golden throne,---
And that I love (O soul, we must be meek!)
Is by thee only, whom I love alone."

Why this post tonight...  Well that would be my business and my business only - but it is for someone who is very important to me. 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: