Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have the writing bug....

I have launched another writing endeavour beyond this blog.  :-)

Yesterday on Facebook I started a FanPage called "365 Things to do in and around Denver, Colorado".  The whole point of this page is to document something fun and different to do each day of the year.  It is kind of like a blog to some degree but you write your entires in "Notes" and then post them to the wall of the fan page.

Given yesterday was my first day at it, I decided to do 2 entries.  The first was on the best burgers in the state of Colorado.  For those of you who aren't aware of what place sports the best burgers in Colorado, it is Bud's Bar in Sedalia, CO (a very small town right outside of Denver proper). Of course many might chose to disagree with that statement but Bud won't like it if you do - lol!  (Just teasing of course).  The burgers were actually voted the best burgers in Denver's free progressive news paper call "Westword".  So there is some serious power behind Bud's Bar claiming to have the best burgers!

The second entry was an oldie but a goodie for me - taking a hike on the Highline Canal Trail.  Today I only did one entry.  The entry for today was about the Fourney Transportation Museum which is home to the largest steam locomotive in the world!

I have so many ideas of other fun and unusual places to include on this web page.  Some of the places I was thinking about are: The Molly Brown House Museum, Dinosaur Ridge, Mother Cabrini Shrine, Red Rocks, Confluence Park, The Flagship REI, Downtown Aquarium, etc, etc, etc.

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook - please do become a fan of the page.  I am sure you will out some interesting things about Denver along the way!

Well - we have reached the half way point of the week.  I hope everyone's week is going well!

Thanks and peace to all! ~ J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TIny Town is truly unique and great for little kids!