Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Night for Neither Man or Beast


It is that time of year again - snow season in Colorado!  The picture above was taken from my back porch about 45 minutes after I had arrived home.  When I arrived home there was only a small amount of snow sticking to my grass.  Then within 10 minutes everything had gone white.  Before we lost the light to nightfall, I couldn't even see the house across the cul-de-sac.  This snow storm is absolutely crazy!

Though I love all seasons in Colorado I do grow frustrated with the continued snow fall so late into the spring.  We tend to get our biggest snow storms during this time of year - just when you are really growing weary of the winter season and are longing for the spring weather.  I guess the good thing from it all is that the more snow and moisture we get now, the less likely we are to have major wildfires in the summer.

Things are on a slow and steady pace with us.  I am working constantly right now - but given the schedule of the project that I am working on for my employer I guess that is to be expected.  Zack is doing so-so.  He continues to deal with a fair amount of anxiety.  At this point both his psychologist and I have come to accept the fact that we are going to be dealing with the anxiety for a fairly long period of time.

Due to all the constraints of work and life I haven't had a lot of time to write updates to this blog.  Additionally, 2 weeks ago I started a "page"(essentially a blog) on Facebook called 365 Things to do in and around Denver, Colorado.n  In the last 2 weeks the number of subscribers has exploded to over 2,200.  Given the massive audience I have for that page, I am spending the free time I do have writing the posts that I put up on that page.  I certainly am not a good writer so it takes me a considerable amount of time to craft those entries.  (For those of you not on Facebook, consider joining and becoming a subscriber to my page.)  Therefore, I haven't had a lot of time to write on this blog.  However, next week we are heading out on our spring break vacation to Washington DC.  I will be sure to provide lots of blog updates from there.

We hope that everyone is having a great week so far.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: