Saturday, December 1, 2012

Still Blogging!

Time sure does fly when you are having fun!  Umm...  Well - time sure does fly whether you are having fun or not!  It's been a bit since I have updated the blog so I thought I would just put a short post out to say "I am still alive and blogging". 

For whatever reason the inspiration to write has just been missing in the last several weeks.  There hasn't been anything wrong, I just haven't felt like writing.  Instead of spending my free time in front of my laptop penning blog posts, I have been spending my free time working on the house and doing something really stupid - playing a video game.  World of Tanks has been calling my name for the last two weeks and when I am not working for my employer, doing things for Zack or working like a fiend to organize and improve the house, I have found myself trying to out fox my adversaries in a game of WWII tank battles.  It hasn't been a very productive way to spend my time, but it is fun.

The big news for this week is that Zack is way on his school trip to Washington DC.  The trip was originally scheduled for his fall break in October.  However due to the Hurricane or Superstorm Sandy, the trip was postponed.  We found out about 2 weeks ago that it was re-scheduled for this week.  Zack was extremely happy to hear that he would miss two days of school because of the trip.

Since dropping Zack off at the airport on Thursday morning at 5AM, I have had the house to myself.  I thought I would be inspired to do all kinds of things.  Instead I have used the majority of the time to lounge around and do basically nothing.  Don't get me wrong I have gotten something things done.  Actually I have gotten a lot done, but I have been no where near as productive as I figured I would be, either in terms of doing fun things or in terms of getting work done.

Zack will return on Sunday evening and has to be at school on Monday morning.  He is going to be one very tired young man I figure.  But he has to go to school - that was one of the conditions of the kids getting to go on the trip on a school week.

Hopefully my inspiration to write will shortly be back.  There are a couple of things about which I want to write.  Til then - I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: