Saturday, February 9, 2013

So Much Music... What to Pick From!!




 In the world of digital entertainment and digital content, it seems that the choices continue to grow at a pace with which is hard to keep up.  For me, I am continually amazed and befuddled by all the choices that continue to spring up in regard to where to get your music.  Every time I turn around there seems to be 10 or 20 more choices.  I really like to listen to music but I am starting to get confused as to what should be the place where I invest the time creating playlists, favorite artist lists, etc.

In the past it was easy.  You would either just turn on the radio or pop a CD in the CD player and listen to it.  Then things began to change - first you could start turning all of your CD's into MPegs and playing them on an iPod or other MPeg player.  Then Cable TV started adding music channels.  Then along come Sirius and XM Satellite Radio.  Then every radio station started streaming on net and along came Internet Radios and now we have a cornucopia of streaming services that allow you to personalize whatever you want to listen to.  Gees.....  which ones should I use???

Of course, I currently use just about every service I have listed above.  I still use my iPod and the numerous iPod speaker systems throughout my house to listen to music.  On my computer I have at least 4 or 5 different streaming services setup that I use.  These include but are definitely not limited to: Spotify, I Heart Radio, Pandora and 365 Radio.

What I would love to have is one central service that would allow me to stream my iTune library to any device I want and have one consolidated streaming service that offers a ton of good music.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what is the best way to do all of this?  What services are you all using to listen to music?  Please drop me a line and let me know what you are using as I really want to set something up that will allow me to have a consolidated place for my music and that I can stream anywhere!  I need recommendations!!!

It's the weekend of course and there isn't a whole going on.  We are supposed to get some snow here in Colorado, but nothing like what has happened out east.  Our snow totals for the weekend are supposed to be on the order of 2 - 4 inches here in Denver and maybe a foot in the Mountains.

Zack and I were going to head to the mountains this weekend, but I decided to stay put because I have had a cold most of this week and going to the mountains will only make it worse.  So we are staying at home and just doing a bunch of work.  Zack has a big test on Monday that he needs to study for and I need to get somethings figured out as I have to go to India in the next 2 or 3 weeks and I need to get all the arrangements made for while I am gone.  As a result it is going to be low-key but busy weekend!

That's it for now, but please do drop me a comment with how you stream and listen to your music.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: