Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Potpurri of Things

Wow!  It has been since last Thursday since I last posted.  I normally don't go that long between posts, but my birthday was last Friday and I had a wonderfully fun birthday weekend so I just didn't get the chance to post anything.  Needless to say there is a lot for me to write about!

The first thing to mention is I just put Zack to bed and he had only been in bed for about 4 minutes when he came running down the steps because he had to show me something.  What you might ask?  He just lost another tooth!  He has been losing all of his childhood molars for the last several weeks.  He was lying in bed and just couldn't resist the urge to give one that was loose a final tug.  Out of his mouth it came!  So he came down the stairs with a bloody mouth. It is amazing the changes that kids go through!

This past weekend was a really nice birthday weekend for me.  Due to the efforts of friends I managed to have 24 hours without any responsibility at all!   No Zack, no Finnegan, no Lex - I had no responsibility for anything other than myself.  Wow is all I can say.  Thank you to everyone who made that happen - from the friend who organized it all, to the friends who had Zack over for a sleepover to the friend of a friend who watched Finn.  Thank you!  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  It was the best birthday I have celebrated for many years if not the best ever.

Tuesday night is turning into puppy night around our house.  The veterinarian that we take all our dogs to offers a class called Puppy class several times year.  Puppy class for me is all about socializing the dogs and getting them used to being around other dogs and people.  There is a lot of information given to the owners about how to care for the dogs, but given Finnegan is the 3rd generation of dogs we have owned we know most of what is taught.  Regardless of that it is still really fun to take him to class and watch him play with the other dogs.

Finn is a little different than all the other dogs - Bailey, Devon and Lex that we have put through puppy class in the past.  The other 3 dogs were maniacs when it came to attending puppy class.  They would get in the middle of things and just play and play with all the other dogs that were there.  Finnegan on the other hand tends to just sit back and watch the other puppies play.  He hasn't been too eager to get into the middle of things.  His personality is very mellow and laid back and it takes him a while to warm up to other dogs and get really wild.  This past weekend, he did really warm up to the dog at the house that he was visiting.  He fell in love with the puppy and spent pretty much the entire weekend playing.  When he came home on Sunday night he fell fast asleep and didn't wake up until Monday morning!

Another item from this past weekend was the fact that my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers advanced to the AFC championship game.  Yippee!  I don't know if they will beat the Jets and I am not going to do any trash talking here, but it means they at least get to play one more football game this season.  Hopefully they will win and will make it to the Super Bowl!!

Well - I think that is about it for tonight.  I need to get to bed early as I need to head into the office tomorrow to get my laptop repaired.  For whatever reason the program that connects me to my company's network is no longer working.  To repair it they need to format the laptop's hard drive and re-install everything.  Argh - that won't be fun to be without my laptop all day tomorrow!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

I promise I will pen some better blog entries later this week.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

FYSRD!

No comments: