Monday, April 15, 2013

Chasing Rainbows

This evening I was going to write a post about a hike Zack and I took this weekend.  Instead after reading a Facebook post from a friend of mine who I haven't seen in years I decided to write this instead.

The Facebook post that I noticed was about a colleague of mine - Ed, who I worked with during my days at Andersen Consulting - now Accenture.  Since I left Andersen Consulting it isn't like we have been close or anything. I never realized what was going on in his life until I noticed this post today.

The post was a link to a blog called "Chasing Rainbows" that is maintained by my friend's wife.  Out of curiosity I took a look at the blog and was utterly dumb founded by all that I read.  Ed's 5 1/2 year old son died Sunday evening.  There's weren't words to describe all that I felt when I read that post. 

There isn't a lot I can say.  No pain that Zack and I ever suffered during Patty's illnesses and death could possible compare to what Ed, his wife and remaining son must be going through right now.  There must be little to no other kind of pain in this world that comes close to the loss of a child.  It's a pain that no one ever want to experience.

There's nothing more that I can say that will explain any more of this.  Please take a look at their blog as I think it tells the story of an amazing life that has been extinguished at a time that should be filled with happiness and joy.  The blog address is: http://www.kateleong.com/  Try and take something from what you read in "Chasing Rainbows" as you might find yourself looking at things a little differently from the experience of Ed's family. 

Tonight and everyday hug your kids and make sure you love the hell out of them!

On this snowy, stormy night in Colorado and sad night for our country - try and find some peace and love in your life.

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

2 comments:

NanaRose said...

I to follow Chasing Rainbows and I am so devastated by the loss of this little boy who overcame so much in his short life. It was such a shock for him to die since he was learning to walk and so many more things. It is indeed a small world. I love reading your blog. It is very interesting.

NanaRose said...

I also follow Chasing Rainbows. It is indeed a small world. I am so saddened by Gavin's death.
I enjoy your blog a whole lot. I don't agree with your politics but I love to read about Zack and your hikes and all your trips. May you continue to have lots of happenings to write about.