Friday, August 12, 2011

Chocolate Vodka!


 A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of tasting chocolate vodka for the first time.  You might think that a drink of that type sounds pretty darn nasty, but in reality it is one of the best tasting drinks that has ever been invented.  Imagine the rich, supple taste of chocolate mixed with the finest, smoothest vodkas - and you have Godiva's Chocolate Vodka.  Whoever invented this drink really needs to be taken out into the middle of a really big field and beaten with the biggest and hardest sticks you can imagine.  Good god - they have invented a drink that is going to turn the world into a bunch of lushes!!!

Yet despite that thought it is a drink to set your mind free.  You can drink and drink without having to gag your drinks down.  It kind of tastes a little like an adult favored Nestle Quik.  Yeah - it is that good.  If you are strong enough do resist the urge to go out and buy this drink as you will be hooked.  In that way it is a little like crack cocaine.  One drink and you are hooked.

All joking aside it is a marvelous tasting drink and one that was not expected to produce such a sense of flavor and delight in my mouth.  On a trip to the liquor store this afternoon I took the plunge and purchased a bottle.  It now sits getting ever colder in my freezer.  When it has reached the proper temperature it will pour just like the chocolate syrup that it tastes like!

The weekend has at last arrived and I am extremely grateful for that.  It seems that just about every waking moment ends up consumed with some type of work during the work week.  Maybe I grew to used to vacation and going back to work has left me with a heavy heart.  The weekend will be very good for us as I hope to finish off much of the work in my basement as we are getting ready to install our entertainment center and the new flat screen TV.  I really can't wait until that work is done!!  It will make viewing of the upcoming NFL season that much more intense.

Today Zack completed his registration for 7th grade!  Dear god - it is hard to believe that Zack is entering 7th grade. Every parent must feel this emotion as they see their children grow up, but where has the time gone?  What has happened to the last 7 years of my son's life as he has gone from kindergarten to 7th grade?  It is unbelievable to think that in just 2 short years Zack will be getting ready to enter high school!  Where or where has the time gone?

Tomorrow I will resume the narrative of our vacation.  I have a ton of pictures to share and I hope to make a video of all that we experienced.  Until then - I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

3 comments:

pompom said...

You have got a nice blog site.

mycouponbasket said...

Yes indeed. You got an eye-catchy blog, with some amazing writing skills. Keep it up.

Sagar Aryan Mishra said...

nice effort n nice blog...