Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Plan for 2010

So we are now officially half way through the first month of 2010. Over this last 2 weeks I have been working to define my goals and plans for the year. Now that my b-day has come and gone it is time to finalize my goals and plans. For the last 14 years or so, I have set a pretty agressive group of goals for myself each year. I am anal retentive about it and document these goals in a spreadsheet. I have used the same spreadsheet year-after-year adding a new tab to it every year. As I added my tab for 2010 I realized the wealth of data I have collected over the years. The data reflects the things that have done that are important to me. I don't know why it is important for me to collect this information, but.... it is. I guess it reflects to me all that I have accomplished! So here are some of the plans for 2010. - Take hikes and walks that total over 500 miles. - Ride my bicycle for over 1000 miles. - Take part in Death Ride 2010 on July 10 outside of Reno, NV. - Read 25 or more books. - Read 5 books on my list of the greatest books ever written (I have a list of 100 books that I consider the greatest books ever written I am attempting to read.) - Write over 200 posts for this blog. - Continue to climb Colorado's 14,000 foot mountains. Summit at least 3 of them this summer. - Travel, travel, travel. Take one major international trip during the summer of 2010. The leading candidate place to which we plan to travel is Iceland. - Complete hiking along the Highline Canal trail in Denver - Make sure the people who are important in my life know how I feel! Those are just a few of the goals I have for this year. I hope 2010 is a busy year for me. I want to continue to live life to the fullest and take advantage of every opportunity life affords me. And as always I will continue to exclude the most positive and optimistic outlook on life. I will try and laugh pretty much all the time - cause life without laughter sucks! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

No comments: