Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything or A Little Bit of Nothing

A holiday week always seems to be a very weird week!  Your sense of what days are what becomes totally altered.  Sunday seems like Saturday, Monday seems like Sunday and the rest of the week is all messed up.  So though today is Wednesday it certainly doesn't feel like it.  But I must admit it feels good to having worked 2 days and it already being Wednesday!

In my last post I described Friday - Sunday in the mountains.  Monday - the 4th of July was a day to kick back and relax with friends who came up from Denver.  My friend Brenda and her family came up and joined us for a day of sight seeing and relaxing.  It was nice to have visitors with us in the mountains as we don't frequently have people join us in the mountains that much.  We had a fun day and a tasty dinner in Breckenridge.

After dinner we headed over to Frisco for the fireworks that are shot out over the Lake Dillon.  Our normal fireworks view spot was unavailable this year as the Frisco police had access to the Middle School Parking lot closed off.  So instead we found an alternative spot across Highway 9 and sat on the hood of the car to watch.  As soon as the fireworks were complete we headed back to the condo, got the dogs and made the trip down from the mountains to home.  We arrived right around midnight which was a perfect time as Zack was exhausted and went straight to bed.  It almost gave me 8 hours of sleep before I had to be up for my first conference call on Tuesday morning. 

The rest of this week has been uneventful and I am greatly looking forward to the coming weekend.  There is a ton of things starting to happening around the house that will result in big changes!  I am really looking forward to getting those changes started.

On a "little bit of everything" note - I discovered something totally new this evening about wine.  I had some time on my hands this evening and so I was reading the "Wine Enthusiast" magazine and I discovered an entirely new category of wines of which I had never before heard.  They are called "Icewines" and are made from grapes that are harvested once temperatures have gone below 17 degrees Fahrenheit.  The frozen grapes provide a very concentrated juice that is very rich in sugars.  This then factors into the tastes that is created by fermenting the juice.  I don't really understand how this works as I would think that the grapes would go bad before they are harvested.  These kinds of wines are only produced in the far northern latitudes.  (This makes me just think how much I miss the times in the past when I could share a bottle of wine with my partner and have a wonderful evening.  Oh how I miss those times!!)

Another "little bit of everything" is that I really need to find a cure for submissive peeing in Finnegan!  This afternoon my brother brought Cole over to spend the evening with us.  When Tim came in the door Finn totally and completely lost it and peed all over the place.  Needless to say I was not happy!  Then with the thunderstorms this evening, Finn did it again!!  I will be talking to my vet about how to prevent this with our wonderful little puppy as it is frustrating as all heck!!

One last "little bit of everything" to add.  The following is some of the video I shot in the mountains from my bike cam.  I got to say I am a little bit  enamored with the bike cam right now.  I am shooting every ride that we go on.  This is some video from when Tim, Celinde, Cole, Zack and I were riding from Frisco to Copper Mountain.  Some of the scenery is pretty cool if you ask me!!




(Agh - didn't turn out as good as I wanted because the file size was so big.  It was too big even for YouTube.  So I had go back and edit it down to 10 minutes.  Eventually I will get all this right so that I can post videos easily on the blog.  Maybe I need to try making them flash videos as opposed to Windows Media Files.  If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.)

That's about it for a Wednesday night!  Hope that all everyone is having a good week so far!

Thanks and peace to all! ~J.

 

No comments: