Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday, Monday.....


Ah another Monday has arrived and almost gone.  But this is a short week due to the fact that Thanksgiving is on Thursday!  So there are only really 2 days of work this week as I plan to take Wednesday off since Zack is off of school on Wednesday.

There isn’t a whole lot to say for the day.  It was day 3 of my Team-in-Training training.  No group run or anything like that, instead it was a simple solitary run for at least 20 minutes.  I did my run this afternoon on the treadmill at the gym as it was darn cold outside today.  I didn’t feel like having to put on a ton of different layers, so I just headed to the gym and did the treadmill for 20 minutes.  It will take me a bit to get used to the routine of running again.  I used to be able to do over 1 hour on the treadmill without blinking an eyelash.  It will take me a little while to get used to doing the treadmill again.

Though I have indicated I won’t write too much about it, I still have some thoughts that I wanted to communicate about Shelly today.  I got a ton of hits on the blog today because I added and entry to Patty’s old Caringbridge site.  I added this new entry because I was announcing my decision to take part in Team-in-Training.  As a result I many, many more hits than normal to this blog.

A number of people who haven’t read the blog recently communicated with me and asked me why wasn’t I moving on.  Well the answer is very simply.  Shelly is so worth it.  I know I have no guarantee that I will ever get her back.  In fact I think the cards are stacked very heavily against me that she will ever date me or be my partner again.  However, unless I put everything I have into trying to resolve this situation that I have created I will never be satisfied with myself.  In your life you only meeting a couple of people who can be that perfect match for you.  Shelly is one of those people for me.  I am not going to meet anyone who could be as close as a perfect match for me as her.

So – yep – I am going to continue to work hard to try and win her back.  I am going to try and work hard to prove to her that I made a grave mistake but it in no way reflects upon the way I want to live the rest of my life with her.

I just had to add this point to today’s blog post as it has been something that is on my mind all day.

Peace! ~J.

FYSRD

No comments: