Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's A Snow Day for Zack!

The anticipation built all day yesterday. The news and weather forecast screamed it at us all evening. We were to have a major snow storm today. The question all night long Wednesday was "Will Zack have school on Thursday". I felt certain without a doubt he would. I woke up early this morning for the first of several very important conference calls. My alarm went off at 6:20AM and I was out of bed at 6:30AM to prepare for a 7:00AM conference call. I have my normal routine that I do in the morning where I check my work e-mail, my personal e-mail and then I quickly log into Facebook. As soon as I logged into Facebook I saw the status update from another Willow Creek parent that said "WE HAVE A SNOW DAY TODAY!" I couldn't believe it so I quickly went to the Cherry Creek Schools website and sure enough - the entire district is closed for the day! Wow - is all I can say. So far there is just a dusting of snow on my lawn and there is nothing falling from the sky right now. I will have an interesting day a head is all I can say. The Z-man is going to be home and I will be balancing hours and hours of conference calls. Because of the impending weather I at least don't have to head to Boulder in the late afternoon which would have made things even tougher. I really hope we get the snow. I hope everyone has a great day. I'll post again later today. But got to go for now, I have a young pup barking his head off, and I need to get some breakfast for the boy - and I need to get on the next conference call. Thanks and peace to all! BTW - I appreciate all the people who have been leaving comments recently. I also have noticed that I am getting a lot more hits to the site these days. Thank you to everyone! An update at 9:30AM: At 9:30AM we are now getting the snow. I am in the midst of a bunch of calls and Zack and I have the fireplace on and he is snuggied up on the couch with his book. I think it will be a good day.

No comments: